A beautiful smile can fill you with confidence, whether you are meeting someone new or attending a job interview. However the appearance of your smile can be diminished quickly as a result of tooth loss. To once again feel great about your smile and enjoy good oral health, you need to seek a replacement for your lost teeth. At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we can help you replace missing teeth.
Dental Implant Quiz
- True or False: Tooth loss can make you appear older.
- True or False: A dental bridge can replace one or multiple teeth.
- True or False: Dental implants are long lasting.
- True or False: We can use implants to secure dentures.
- True. When we lose our teeth, the body notices the missing tooth roots and stops supplying the surrounding jawbone with essential nutrients. As a result, the jawbone simply dissolves gradually, leading to further tooth loss and facial collapse. Patients can then obtain a much older appearance.
- True. We can place a bridge to replace a single lost tooth or multiple teeth, provided they are in a row. A bridge consists of replacement teeth with crowns on each side that hold the new teeth in place.
- True. Dental implants are inserted into the jawbone and recognized by the body as natural, so the flow of nutrients resumes. This helps protect your facial features and prevent the degradation of the jawbone, so you don’t develop an aged appearance. On average, a dental implant can be expected to last about 25 years.
- True. In addition to replacing an individual lost tooth, we can place multiple implant posts to hold a full set of dentures in place. Implant-retained dentures don’t slip or require adhesives.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.