With the New Year here, what are your resolutions? If you’re hoping to improve your smile then you may be interested in brightening your smile. Does over-the-counter teeth whitening work as well as professional whitening? You will be surprised to find out there are a number of differences between these two forms of fighting discoloration.
Teeth Whitening Quiz
- True or False: OTC systems don’t offer the same level of whitening.
- True or False: People using store bought options may experience discomfort.
- True or False: We offer two forms of professional brightening.
- True or False: You can take steps to potentially avoid teeth stains.
- True. While these options will remove a little discoloration, they don’t offer the same dramatic results. In addition, the results they do offer rarely last very long. For optimal results and to have your smile brightened by multiple shades, consider seeking a professional option.
- True. In some cases, patients have reported tooth sensitivity and gum irritation as a result of store bought strips and other whitening options. In rare instances, people have worn the strips longer than recommended and their teeth have developed an unattractive translucent appearance as a result.
- True. With our professional options, we will monitor usage to help patients avoid sensitivity or irritation. Using Snap imaging technology, we can show patients what their smiles will look like with cosmetic treatment. We offer a system that uses both office and home-based treatments to remove discoloration.
- True. To make sure your results last for a long while, you just need to maintain good oral hygiene. In addition to brushing and flossing your teeth thoroughly every day, you should also have your teeth cleaned regularly. You should avoid smoking and consuming drinks with dark pigments, such as coffee or soda.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including dental implants, Six Month Smiles, pediatric dentistry, root canals, and teeth whitening in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.