As we grow older, many of us may encounter tooth loss. Losing one or more teeth can cause embarrassment and actually hurt the health of your smile. At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we can offer Patients in Rochester MN dental implants, which can return you smile to full function and health.
Tooth Loss Quiz
- True or False: Injury can lead to missing teeth.
- True or False: Poor oral hygiene can cause tooth loss.
- True or False: Our Rochester MN dental implants can replace missing teeth.
- True or False: Dental implants can be used to secure a dental prosthesis.
- True. Often, a person can lose a tooth due to a sports injury, accident, or other form of trauma. When you lose your teeth, you can eventually suffer from misalignment, malocclusion, and an aged appearance due to jawbone density loss.
- True. You can also lose a tooth as a result of not taking care of your smile. Advanced tooth decay can lead to infection, causing a tooth to die and require extraction. Periodontitis (advanced gum disease) can cause the connective tissue between your teeth and gums to dissolve, leading to missing teeth.
- True. To restore your smile and allow you to once again eat and speak with ease, we can replace one or more missing teeth. With dental implants, we insert a biocompatible post that bonds with the bone tissue. We can then add a restoration to the post, completing the implant. This prosthesis can last for decades.
- True. We can place a single implant post to replace one missing tooth, or place multiple posts to secure a dental bridge or a set off dentures. If you have any questions, please contact out office today.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including teeth whitening, Six Month Smiles, Invisalign, root canals, and dental implants in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.