When you have misaligned teeth, you require orthodontic treatment in order to enjoy an even smile. At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, your Rochester MN dentists offer a clear alternative to braces with Invisalign. As you can see from our before and after pictures, this unique clear braces system can improve the alignment of your teeth:
To find our more, why not try our fun and informative quiz?
What Do You Know About Clear Braces?
- True or False: The aligners are custom-made for each patient.
- True or False: Both teens and adults can benefit from this treatment.
- True or False: You need to wear your clear braces every day.
- True or False: Clear braces are more comfortable that traditional orthodontics.
- True. We start by taking x-rays, photos with intraoral cameras, and impressions of your teeth. These materials are sent to a special lab, where a 3D computer model is created and used in the design and fabrication of the aligners. The resulting aligners will be custom-made for your smile.
- True. For teens over the age of 15, Invisalign offers up to six replacement aligners. They also include small blue dots on them that wear away if the aligners are worn properly. This allows both parents and dentists to better monitor a teen’s progress.
- True. You should wear them each day for between 20 and 22 hours. Basically, they should only be removed during meals and when you brush and floss your teeth. Wearing them as recommended ensures you achieve optimal results in an ideal time frame.
- True. Because your aligners are custom-made, they fit very comfortably. In addition, patients don’t report the gum and cheek irritation so common with metal braces.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including teeth whitening, Six Month Smiles, root canals, pediatric dentistry, and Invisalign in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.