When you break or chip a tooth, you probably expect the repair process will be long and arduous. Fortunately, nothing could be further from the truth. At Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we understand how busy your schedule can be and we offer quality tooth repair in a single visit. Your Rochester MN cosmetic dentists talk about the benefits of dental bonding.
Dental Bonding Quiz
- True or False: A damaged tooth can lead to cavities or even infection.
- True or False: Dental bonding can repair teeth in a single visit.
- True or False: This treatment option is cost effective.
- True or False: Bonding addresses multiple smile imperfections.
- True. When damaged, the sensitive layers of dentin below the enamel are exposed to bacteria. Soon, decay can form. Without treatment, a cavity will spread until the bacteria reaches the inner pulp and causes infection. At this stage you will require a root canal or possible extraction to stop the spread of infection to surrounding teeth.
- True. With dental bonding, we employ the same esthetically pleasing and durable material we use in tooth-colored fillings. We apply the material in several thin layers and cure it with a special light. As the material cures, your Rochester MN cosmetic dentists can reshape and sculpt the tooth.
- True. While porcelain veneers and dental crowns can offer many of the same restorative and cosmetic benefits, dental bonding can be done in just one visit and is a little more cost-effective.
- True. We may employ bonding to address permanent teeth stains, chips or breakage, unsightly gaps, overlapping teeth, or misshapen teeth. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this procedure, please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN COSMETIC DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including teeth whitening, Six Month Smiles, root canals, pediatric dentistry, and same day crowns in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.