At some point, you may end up with a damaged tooth or possibly even one suffering from advanced tooth decay. In this situation, you may benefit from the placement of a dental crown. Your Rochester MN family dentist understands that crowns offer lifelike and durable restoration, offering both cosmetic and restorative improvement.
Rochester MN Family Dentist Quiz
- True or False: A crown repairs damaged teeth.
- True or False: A dental crown can be used to replace missing teeth.
- True or False: This procedure can restore teeth following root canal therapy.
- True or False: This restoration offers cosmetic improvement.
- True. When a tooth becomes chipped or fractured, you need to repair it quickly. Otherwise, the damage can allow bacteria to reach the sensitive inner tooth structure, leading to tooth decay or infection. Our restoration can make your damaged tooth whole again and help prevent serious dental health issues.
- True. We may also use this restoration to anchor a dental bridge into place or to top a dental implant. This replaces the visible portion of the tooth, so your smile appears whole and beautiful again. We use crowns because they are able to withstand powerful bite forces and they can blend seamlessly with natural teeth.
- True. We often place one after a root canal to protect the remaining tooth structure and prevent further infection or abscess. This safeguards your tooth and helps you prevent the need of extraction to stop the spread of infection.
- True. We can also use this procedure to reshape a tooth that is malformed, worn down, or suffers from permanent discoloration. Dr. Calcagno and Dr. Heimer can answer any questions about improving the health and beauty of your smile with dental crowns.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER MN FAMILY DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including teeth whitening, Six Month Smiles, root canals, pediatric dentistry, and dental implants in Rochester MN. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.