How soon do children need to start brushing their teeth? Do kids really need to brush as often as adults? These are both examples of common questions parents often ask. Your Rochester MN pediatric dentists, Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer, want to answer your questions and help you provide better dental care for your little ones.
Pediatric Dentist Rochester MN Quiz
- True or False: Your child should start brushing as soon as the first tooth arrives.
- True or False: Children require the same amount of brushing and flossing as adults.
- True or False: You should bring your kids to your Rochester MN pediatric dentist twice a year.
- True or False: Consider letting your kids pick their own toothbrushes out.
- True. Around age one, the first baby tooth should erupt. You should clean this tooth with a cloth, upgrading to a toothbrush as more teeth arrive and the child grows older. For the next several years, you will need to assist them as they learn to brush properly.
- True. Your child should brush their teeth twice a day. In addition, once one or more teeth are touching your little one needs to floss as well. Initially, we recommend a floss pick as they are easier for parents and children to use.
- True. Your child needs to undergo a routine checkup and cleaning twice a year. Once every six months, bring them by our office. These visits help instill good dental habits and let your children become accustomed to the sights and sounds of the office.
- True. To make brushing more fun, why not let children select their own age-appropriate toothbrush. They can choose one with their favorite cartoon character. You can also brush your teeth with them, so they can watch you and learn proper technique.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including teeth whitening, Six Month Smiles, Invisalign, root canals, and pediatric dentistry. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.