Occasionally, we have patients who break or fracture a tooth, usually when biting down on something hard or as a result of a sports accident. In addition, advanced tooth decay can leave a tooth weak and at risk of infection. To address these situations, a patient may require a dental crown. Dr. Calcagno and Dr. Heimer offer our patients innovative single day crowns to restore teeth to full function and health.
Single Day Crown Quiz
- True or False: A crown repairs damaged teeth.
- True or False: Crowns also help replace missing teeth.
- True or False: You can receive a complete crown in one visit.
- True or False: Singe day crowns are completely natural looking.
- True. The crown fits over the visible portion of a tooth. The restoration protects the remaining tooth structure and helps the patient avoid further decay or infection. Crowns are often recommended for teeth too damaged or decayed for a filling. Crowns also restore teeth following root canal therapy.
- True. A crown can be used to secure a dental bridge or top a dental implant, providing a natural looking and durable restoration.
- True. Using CEREC technology, Dr. Calcagno or Dr. Heimer will first prepare the tooth receiving the crown. We will then take pictures and digital impressions of your teeth to create a 3D model. The CEREC machine will use this model to craft your new crown from a block of ceramic. Once complete, Dr. Calcagno or Dr. Heimer will check the fit and place the crown in just one sitting.
- True. Ceramic reflects light in a similar manner as natural tooth enamel. As a result, your crown will look completely lifelike and blend seamlessly with your smile. If you have any questions, please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR ROCHESTER FAMILY DENTISTS:
Calcagno Cosmetic and Family Dentistry offer expert services including teeth whitening, Six Month Smiles, Invisalign, root canals, and pediatric dentistry. To schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.