Did you know that with a few thin shells of porcelain, your Rochester dentists can revitalize your smile and let you put irritating imperfections behind you? Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that adhere to your tooth. They can mask chips in the teeth, cracks, stains, and the appearance of crooked teeth. Dr. Gilly Calcagno and Dr. Kara Heimer would like you to take their fun quiz to learn more about the advantages of porcelain veneers.
- True or False. Porcelain veneers appear life-like because of the translucency of porcelain.
- True or False. Dr. Calcagno and Dr. Heimer provide various types of veneers such as ultra-thin Lumineers and Durathins.
- True or False. Porcelain veneers can be crafted to match several different shades.
- True or False. Porcelain veneers can correct the appearance of slightly crooked teeth.
- True or False. Porcelain veneers can be as strong as natural teeth.
- True. Porcelain veneers are very popular because of their natural appearance. Porcelain is translucent like dental enamel, so light can shine through the porcelain, illuminating the dentin, the second layer of teeth. This makes veneers look nearly identical to natural teeth.
- True. These options are sometime preferable for those who wish to maintain as much healthy tooth structure as possible. The Lumineers and Durathins require less removal of the existing tooth than traditional veneers.
- True. Porcelain is available in a number of different shades, so Dr. Calcagno and Dr. Heimer can easily match the color of your veneer to your natural teeth.
- True. Porcelain veneers are a highly sought after cosmetic treatment because of their ability to alter the appearance of crooked teeth.
- True. Your doctors will ensure that the porcelain forms a sturdy bond with the tooth so that the veneer can function just as well as a natural tooth.
About Our Doctors
Calcagno Family and Cosmetic Dentistry provides many options for porcelain veneers. If you would like to learn more about veneers or to schedule a consultation, please call (507) 218-8936. Dr. Calcagno and Dr. Heimer welcome and serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, Austin, and the surrounding communities.