Over time, dental stains can hinder the beauty of our teeth. In order to improve the appearance of dull smiles, your Rochester MN dentist, Dr. Gilly Calcagno, offers professional teeth whitening. Without our breakthrough system, you can brighten your smile from the comfort of home.
At-Home Teeth Whitening Quiz
1. True or False: The foods and drinks we consume may stain our teeth.
2. True or False: Over-the-counter teeth whiteners don’t offer the same level of results.
3. True or False: Your Rochester MN dentist offers a professional home-based whitening system.
4. True or False: With good dental habits, you can help prevent teeth stains.
1. True. Coffee, tea, red wine, and soda all increase the risk of dental discoloration. In addition, smoking or using other tobacco products leads to unsightly stains. Finally, foods high in sugars and other starches may lead to plaque buildup, which elevates the chances of stains forming on your teeth.
2. True. While they may be cheaper, store bought whiteners don’t offer results that last as long or are as noticeable. People who use over-the-counter teeth whiteners also report tooth sensitivity and gum irritation. For dramatic whitening results, talk to your Rochester MN dentist about our professional teeth whitening options today.
3. True. First, Dr. Calcagno will take an impression of your smile. Using the impression, a set of whitening trays will be created. Dr. Calcagno will then prescribe a powerful bleaching gel. Each night, you will wear the gel-filled tray for a specified amount of time. Treatment may take between one and two weeks and whiten your smile by up to 16 shades.
4. True. Brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing once helps prevent plaque buildup, protecting your smile from decay and stains. Dental cleanings also keep your smile beautiful, offering polished teeth free of minor discoloration.
About Dr. Calcagno:
Dr. Gilly Calcagno is a member of the Academy of General Dentistry, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the American Dental Association, and the Minnesota Dental Association, and is active in local dental implant study clubs. To schedule a consultation, call Calcagno Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry today at (507) 281-3659.