Losing a permanent tooth can be embarrassing. Even a single missing tooth can hinder the health and appearance of your smile. In order to return your smile to full function and beauty, your Rochester dentist, Dr. Gilly Calcagno, offers dental implants. Secure and esthetically pleasing, dental implants can replace one or more missing teeth. In today’s blog, Dr. Calcagno uses a quiz to discuss the restoration capabilities of dental implants.
Dental Implant Quiz
1. True or False: Replacing a missing tooth helps prevent further tooth loss.
2. True or False: Dental implants look and function like natural teeth.
3. True or False: Your Rochester MN cosmetic dentist offers implant-retained dentures.
1. True. When you lose a tooth, the body responds by suspending the flow of calcium and phosphorus to the surrounding jawbone. Deprived of essential doses of nutrients, the bone begins to dissolve. Loss of bone density leads to further tooth loss and an aged appearance. Patients often develop sunken cheeks, jowls, and ptotic chins as tooth loss progresses and the jawbone further degrades.
2. True. An implant post will be inserted directly into the jaw. There, the bone tissue bonds with the post and anchors the implant. Your implants will be topped with an abutment that holds a custom-made crown into place. The implant will blend seamlessly with your smile.
3. True. For patients missing most, or all, of their teeth, Dr. Calcagno offers implant dentures. 6-8 implant posts are inserted into the jaw to hold a lifelike set of dentures into place. With implant dentures, patients don’t need adhesives and never need to worry about embarrassing slippage.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Rochester MN Cosmetic Dentist
Dental implants provide quality restoration for patients suffering from tooth loss. For more information on our implant procedures, talk to your Rochester, MN cosmetic dentist, Dr. Calcagno, today. To schedule an appointment, call our 55902 dentist office at (507) 281-3659. Also, visit our website for services, before and after photos, and testimonials. Dr. Calcagno offers patients the latest in general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry. We are proud to serve the residents of Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington and surrounding communities.