Over time, our teeth can become damaged due to variety of dental issues, including injury, tooth decay, and gum disease. Without treatment, our teeth may become infected, forming a dental abscess and eventually, requiring removal. In order to safeguard smiles and prevent extraction, we offer dental crowns. A crown restores a tooth and protects a patient’s smile. In today’s blog, your Rochester dentist, Dr. Gilly Calcagno, uses a fun and informative quiz to explain the restoration capabilities of our dental crowns.
Dental Crown Quiz
1. True or False: Crowns restore damaged teeth.
2. True or False: Our crowns look natural.
3. True or False: Your Rochester MN cosmetic dentist offers single-visit crowns.
1. True. The crown fits completely over the visible portion of the tooth. The crown protects the remaining tooth structure from further decay or infection. All crowns are custom-made based in impressions taken of the patient’s teeth. Crowns can also be used to anchor dental bridges into place and replace teeth in dental implant procedures.
2. True. Dr. Calcagno places crowns made from porcelain. This material reflects light in a similar manner as tooth enamel, so your restoration looks natural. For the back molars, which must withstand greater bite forces, Dr. Calcagno may place a porcelain-fused-to-metal crown for additional strength.
3. True. With CEREC technology, Dr. Calcagno can create and place a custom-made crown in just one visit. Made from blocks of dental ceramics, the crowns are durable and natural looking. This procedure saves our patients both time and money.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Rochester MN Cosmetic Dentist
Interested in learning more about our strong and esthetically pleasing crowns? Then talk to you Rochester, MN cosmetic dentist, Dr. Calcagno, today. Dr. Calcagno can restore your tooth to full function and appearance with a custom-made dental crown. To schedule an appointment, call our 55902 dentist office at (507) 281-3659. Also, visit our website for services, before and after photos, and testimonials. Dr. Calcagno offers patients the latest in general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry. We are proud to serve the residents of Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington and surrounding communities.