For adults, a smile riddled with dental issues, such as misalignment, can be embarrassing. Unfortunately, most adults feel the same away about braces. Thankfully, with Invisalign, your Rochester dentist, Dr. Gilly Calcagno, can correct your smile without the use of metal braces. In today’s blog, Dr. Calcagno provides a fun quiz to explain the benefits of Invisalign clear braces.
Invisalign Clear Braces Quiz
1. True or False: Invisalign doesn’t require the use of metal brackets and wires.
2. True or False: Invisalign provides comfortable smile correction.
3. True or False: The aligners can be removed before meals or special occasions.
4. True or False: Invisalign doesn’t require as many office visits.
5. True or False: The entire process takes around one year.
1. True. Instead of traditional orthodontics, Invisalign employs a series a clear plastic aligners. Over time, the aligners will slowly and gently move your teeth into optimal placement.
2. True. The aligners are custom-made from plastic for comfort and accuracy. As a result, patients rarely report the gum and cheek irritation often experienced with metal braces.
3. True. Since the aligners can be removed, patients don’t need to alter their diet or avoid certain foods. With traditional orthodontics, sticky or hard foods may become stuck or even damage your braces. Removable aligners also make brushing and flossing your teeth easier, improving oral hygiene and helping prevent teeth stains.
4. True. Typically, patients only need to see their Rochester MN cosmetic dentist once every six weeks. Fewer visits save our patients both time and money.
5. True. Patients will wear the aligners each day for between 20 and 22 hours. Approximately every two weeks they will upgrade to a new set of aligners. In most cases, the entire process takes around a year. For teens, Invisalign may require up to 18 months.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Rochester, MN Cosmetic Dentist
For adults, Invisalign provides a practically invisible solution to smile misalignment. For more information, talk to you Rochester, MN cosmetic dentist, Dr. Calcagno, today. To schedule an appointment, call our 55902 dentist office at (507) 281-3659. Also, visit our website for services, before and after photos, and testimonials. Dr. Calcagno offers patients the latest in general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry. We are proud to serve the residents of Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington and surrounding communities.