For teens, smile misalignment often leads to embarrassment. Young adults struggle with their dental imperfections, but often feel too self-conscious to endure traditional orthodontics. Thankfully, Invisalign offers teens a clear alternative to metal braces. In today’s blog, your Rochester dentist, Dr. Gilly Calcagno, provides a fun and informative quiz to help explain the benefits of the Invisalign system.
1. True or False: Invisalign aligners are practically invisible.
2. True or False: You don’t have to alter your diet with Invisalign.
3. True or False: Invisalign can improve oral hygiene.
4. True or False: Invisalign aligners are comfortable.
5. True or False: Patients require fewer office visits with Invisalign.
Invisalign Quiz Answer Key
1. True. Instead of metal braces, Invisalign uses a series of custom-made plastic aligners. Simply wear the aligners daily for the time specified by Dr. Calcagno, typically between 20 and 22 hours a day. Approximately every two weeks you will upgrade to a new set of aligners as your teeth are gradually and gently repositioned.
2. True. Removable aligners mean patients don’t have to avoid certain foods that would damage or become stuck in traditional orthodontics.
3. True. Removable aligners also make brushing and flossing your teeth easier, improving your dental health and keeping your smile bright.
4. True. Patients rarely report the gum and cheek irritation commonly experienced with metal braces.
5. True. Patients usually only need to see Dr. Calcagno about once every six weeks. This saves teens and parents both time and money.
Schedule a Visit with Your Rochester Cosmetic Dentist
Interested in obtaining a gorgeous smile with our innovative Invisalign clear braces? Then talk to Dr. Calcagno today! She will perform a thorough oral examination to assess the state of your dental health and decide if Invisalign provides the best method of smile correction. Make an appointment with your Rochester cosmetic dentist by calling 507-281-3659. Our 55902 dentist office offers the latest in general, cosmetic, and cosmetic dentistry to transform your smile. We serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, and surrounding areas.