Do you want a straighter smile, one free of gaps and misalignment, but fear unsightly metal braces? Many people avoid seeking dental care because they do not want to endure traditional orthodontics. But did you know a dental procedure exists that corrects misaligned smiles without metal braces? In today’s blog, your Rochester dentist, Dr. Gilly Calcagno, explains how Invisalign offers our patients a clear, esthetically pleasing means of smile repair.
Do I Need Braces?
Would you benefit from the Invisalign system? Invisalign is designed to address a litany of dental imperfections, including:
- Crooked teeth
- Misaligned bite
- Gaps between teeth
Once you schedule a consultation with Dr. Calcagno, she will perform a thorough oral examination to ensure Invisalign provides the best means of correcting your smile.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Instead of the metal braces require by traditional orthodontics, Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners to gradually and gently reposition your teeth. Simply wear the aligners daily for the amount of time specified by Dr. Calcagno, which is typically between 20 and 22 hours a day. Approximately every two weeks you will receive a new set of aligners as your teeth are moved into their new positions and your smile is rejuvenated.
The Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign offers our patients several advantages over metal braces. The benefits of Invisalign include:
- The aligners are practically invisible
- Custom-made for precision and comfort, the plastic aligners don’t irritate your cheeks and gums
- The aligners can be removed before meals and in order to brush and floss more easily. As a result, oral hygiene improves and patients no longer need to alter their diets to avoid food becoming stuck in their braces.
- The entire process is less time consuming. For adults, smile correction often requires only a year.
- Fewer office visits. Patients usually only need to see Dr. Calcagno once every six weeks, saving time and money.
Schedule a Visit with Your Rochester Cosmetic Dentist
Interested in inconspicuous smile repair with Invisalign clear braces? Make an appointment with your Rochester cosmetic dentist by calling 507-281-3659. Our 55902 dentist office offers the latest in general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry to transform your smile. We serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, and surrounding areas.