Many people obsess over the imperfections in their smiles. Misalignment and unsightly gaps can leave people feeling uncomfortable and self-conscious. But even though people may desire a more beautiful, even smile, they fear the hassle of traditional orthodontics. Metal braces can be inconvenient! Thankfully, a procedure exists that can straighten your teeth without the use of traditional braces. How much do you know about our clear, removable braces? In today’s blog, your Rochester dentist, Dr. Gilly Calcagno, tests your knowledge of our innovative Invisalign system.
1. True or False: Invisalign provides practically invisible smile repair.
2. True or False: Invisalign can be removed before meals or special occasions.
3. True or False: Invisalign offers comfortable smile correction.
4. True or False: Invisalign requires fewer office visits.
1.True! Instead of metal braces, Invisalign improves smiles using a series of clear plastic aligners. Custom-made based on Dr. Calcagno’s specifications, the aligners gently and gradually reposition your teeth. For adults, the entire process usually takes about a year. Patients typically wear the aligners between 20 and 22 hours a day. Approximately every two weeks you will switch to a new set of aligners.
2. True. With Invisalign, patients no longer need to alter their diet or avoid certain foods, like taffy or popcorn. You also don’t have to worry about food being caught in your braces. Simply remove the aligners before meals. This also makes brushing and flossing easier, improving your oral hygiene and decreasing the risk of tooth stains.
3. True. Patients with metal braces often endure cheek and gum irritation. Invisalign only uses plastic aligners specifically made for your mouth, reducing irritation and offering comfortable smile restoration.
4. True. With Invisalign, patients only need to visit Dr. Calcagno about once every six weeks. This saves time and money, and adds less strain to your already hectic schedule.
Schedule a Visit with Your Rochester Cosmetic Dentist
Are you interested in improving your smile with Invisalign? Talk to Dr. Calcagno today! Make an appointment with your Rochester cosmetic dentist by calling 507-281-3659. Our 55902 dentist office offers the latest in general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry. We serve patients from Rochester, Red Wing, St. Charles, Winona, Farmington, and surrounding areas.