Restorative Dentistry in Rochester

Our teeth take a lot of abuse. Every day our teeth must endure the crushing forces of chewing, gnashing, and tearing food. Some of us may treat our teeth poorly with bad dental habits such as chewing on ice cubes or drinking sugary beverages. Did you know that most people will need some type of restorative dentistry at some point in their life? From simple fillings, to extensive restorations, Dr. Gilly Calcagno can help you keep your natural teeth without compromising the appearance of your smile.

Fillings

Did you know only 1% of people in the United States never develop a cavity? For the other 99%, a filling addresses tooth decay conservatively. Dr. Calcagno provides all-white fillings made from composite resin that beautifully match your natural teeth.

Crowns

For teeth damaged by extensive decay or trauma, crowns are used to cover the entire visible surface of the tooth. A crown may be made from gold, zirconia, porcelain fused to metal, or all porcelain. Crowns are strong enough to withstand the daily functions of masticating food and last for years.

Inlays & Onlays

Inlays are a happy medium between fillings and crowns. They offer more coverage than a traditional filling but do not cover the entire tooth. Inlays are crafted in dental laboratories and are placed between the cusps of teeth.  Like inlays, onlays are conservative restorations that are custom-made made in dental laboratories; however, onlays are placed over the cusps of teeth. In some cases, onlays may extend down the side of a tooth.

Wear and damage to teeth presents difficulty masticating food and speaking properly. In addition, if your molars are worn down, your bite will not align properly. Restorative dentistry addresses the size, shape, and function of teeth so that you can eat and speak comfortably. To schedule an appointment with Calcagno Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, contact our Rochester dentist office at (507) 281-3659. We serve patients from Red Wing, Hastings, Farmington, Winona, and throughout Rochester.